Michael P. Lynch
Director of Finance
The Board of Supervisors adopted the 2018 East Bradford Township Budget at its regularly scheduled meeting on December 12, 2017. The real property tax rate for 2018 is 1.00 mills on each dollar of assessed valuation (no change from 2017). You can review the 2018 Budget letter or a summary of the 2018 Budget. You can also view the entire 2018 Budget, as well as prior year budgets, below:
The Township budget consists of six distinct budgets – General, Sewer, Highway Improvement, Liquid Fuels, Capital Reserve, and Open Space.
- The General Fund is the principal operating fund for the Township (e.g. police, fire, recreation, planning, codes, etc.).
- The Sewer Fund supports public sewer service to over 1,200 customers in the Township through an Intergovernmental Cooperation Agreement with the Borough of West Chester. Its revenues may not be used for any other purpose and the expenses must be supported by the customers being served.
- The Highway Improvement Fund supports the design and construction of road improvements.
- Receipts for the State Liquid Fuels Fund are provided by the State of Pennsylvania from gas taxes and are based upon Township road miles and population. Use of the fund is limited to road maintenance/reconstruction and related equipment purchases.
- The Capital Reserve Fund is used for capital projects, major equipment purchase/replacements, capital debt, and asset depreciation funding. (If you’re interested to learn more about capital funds, PA Township News published an article on capital improvement funding in 2015.)
- The Open Space Fund (established in 1999) is funded from the open space preservation tax (¼ of 1% on earned income) pursuant to the Open Space Preservation Act. Expenditures are restricted to acquisition of interests in real property and costs associated with these acquisition activities.
EARNED INCOME TAX
Keystone Collections Group collects the earned income tax, open space tax and local services tax for East Bradford Township. You may contact them at (888) 328-0565 or, during the tax season, you can use this dedicated tax hotline: 1-866-539-1100. They also have a local office at 780 Miles Road, West Chester, PA 19380 , (610) 269-4402. The office is located in the Brookworth Plaza (in East Bradford Township) on Downingtown Pike (near the PNC Bank, Dunkin Donut and CVS). The PSD Code for Residents is: 151201. The Earned Income Rate for Residents is: 1.25% distributed as follows:
- .50% goes to East Bradford Township
- .50% goes to the West Chester School District
- .25% goes to the East Bradford Township Open Space Fund
Please read important information from Keystone if you have delinquent earned income taxes.
REAL ESTATE PROPERTY TAX
East Bradford Township has contracted with the Chester County Treasurer’s Office to bill and collect the real estate taxes for the Township. They also collect the County real estate taxes. Questions should be directed to the Treasurer’s Office at (610)344-6370. West Chester School District real estate taxes are collected by Berkheimer Associates ((866) 300-1714).
LOCAL SERVICES TAX (LST)
The Local Services Tax (LST) is collected from individuals who work in the municipality. The $52.00/year tax is deducted from the individual’s paycheck. Keystone Collections is the administrator of this tax for East Bradford Township ((724) 978-0300).
View recent audit reports below: