Director of Property & Recreation
Property & Recreation Assistant
COVID – 19 UPDATE
East Bradford park facilities have opened following Green Phase recommendations. You are required to wear a mask while in our parks or social distance.
- Baseball/Softball Fields – are open for family use and skill building; organized team activities are allowed by permit only
- Multi-purpose Fields – are open for family use and skill building; organized team activities are allowed by permit only
- Basketball Court – has reopened for play with proper social distancing or wear a mask
- Volleyball Court – Reopened for family use and games with proper social distancing
- Tennis/Pickleball Courts – Reopened for singles and doubles play with proper social distancing
- Playgrounds – Reopened for family use with proper social distancing or wear a mask
- Restrooms/Fountains – Remain closed, fountains off; Port-a-potty kept onsite and cleaned 2x per week
- Picnic Pavilion – Reopened for family use with proper social distancing, no groups in excess of 25 people
- All other facilities open as normal, subject to proper social distancing
NEW LOCATION FOR PORTA-POTTY ON BRANDYWINE TRAIL
The porta-potty that used to be located near Harmony Hill Road has been moved to the new parking lot on Downingtown Pike (Rte. 322) near the newly renovated bridge. This porta-potty is larger, handicap accessible, and more accessible for the truck that services it.
LOCATIONS & EVENTS
Visit the Locations page for maps and information about the Township’s parks, open spaces, and trails. Visit the Township Events page and the Calendar for information about upcoming events and meetings and the Trail Blazer Run page for information on our annual event! Visit the Other Events page for information on upcoming nearby activities.
Chapter 22 of the Township Code contains the rules and regulations for the use of parks, trails, and open spaces.
FORMS & APPLICATIONS
Park-related forms and applications can be accessed from the Docs & Forms page.
2019 PARKS AND TRAILS YEAR IN REVIEW ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTTake a walk though our parks, trails and open space for the year of 2019!
VOLUNTEER AND EAGLE SCOUT OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteers are critical to the day-to-day operation of a municipality. In addition to municipal staff, the Township regularly relies on over two hundred volunteers. Approximately half of those people offer time helping to maintain Township parks and trails. There’s no question – East Bradford Township could not function as it does today without the generous help of local residents. To learn more about volunteer opportunities, contact Rich Phifer.
Eagle Scout candidates have played an integral part in improving East Bradford’s parkland. If you are an Eagle Scout candidate looking for a project, we have created a list of Current Eagle Scout Project Opportunities to explore with you, but we are also open to ideas you may wish to share. Please contact Rich Phifer for more information.
COMPREHENSIVE AND REGIONAL PLANNING
There are a variety of Township and regional plans that address parks, open space and trails:
- East Bradford Township Open Space, Recreation, and Environmental Resources Plan
- 2016 Comprehensive Plan
- Chester County Planning
- Brandywine Creek Greenway Concept and Action Plan
- Botanical Survey
BRANDYWINE VALLEY ARCHERY CLUB
Overpopulation of whitetail deer is creating an imbalance of the natural ecosystem in southeastern Pennsylvania. The Brandywine Valley Archery Club (BVAC) exists to provide quality deer management services to property owners in Southeastern Pennsylvania through managed hunting on selected property. This will be accomplished by proper selection of qualified, safe, responsible archery hunters conducting managed archery hunts within the region on selected dates throughout the whitetail deer hunting season. Current Club Rules and Regulations are available. Contact Rich Phifer for additional information.
If any person has a mobility question or concern pertaining to park access, please contact Rich Phifer.