Director of Property & Recreation
Property & Recreation Assistant
LOCATIONS & EVENTS
Visit the Locations page for information about the Township’s parks, open spaces, and trails. Visit the Events page and the calendar for information about upcoming events. All available park/trail maps are listed below:
- Brandywine Trail Map (3.0 MiB)
- Copeland School Park Map (2.1 MiB)
- East Bradford Park Map (0.3 MiB)
- Harmony Hill Nature Area Map (9.6 MiB)
- Harry Waite Nature Area Map (2.4 MiB)
- Hogs Hollow Trail Map (0.6 MiB)
- Jane I Reed Park Map (2.9 MiB)
- M John Johnson Nature Center & Sugar's Bridge Nature Area Map (5.9 MiB)
- Paradise Valley Nature Area Map (2.1 MiB)
- Shaw's Bridge Park Map (2.2 MiB)
- Starr Farm Park Map (1.9 MiB)
- Timber Top Trails Map (0.4 MiB)
Chapter 22 of the Township Code contains the rules and regulations for the use of parks, trails, and open spaces.
FORMS & APPLICATIONS
Park-related forms and applications are provided below. They can also be accessed from the Docs & Forms Page.
- 2018 Eagle Scout Project Opportunities (19 KiB)
- Field Use Permit (54 KiB)
- Park Permit Application - After Hours Use (0.4 MiB)
- Pavilion Reservation Form - Commercial & Non-Profit (0.1 MiB)
- Pavilion Reservation Form - Residential (72 KiB)
- Tennis Court Reservation Form 2018 (26 KiB)
VOLUNTEER AND EAGLE SCOUT OPPORTUNITIES
Many people have no idea how critical volunteers are to the day-to-day operation of a municipality. East Bradford Township has a paid staff that consists of 13 people (7 public works employees and 6 managerial / administrative employees). However, in addition to these individuals, the Township relies on over 200 volunteers on a regular basis. Approximately half of those people offer time to help maintain Township parks, open spaces, and trails (the other half serve on a variety of boards and commissions). There’s no question – East Bradford Township would not function as it does today without the generous help of local residents. To learn more about volunteer opportunities, contact Rich Phifer.
Eagle Scout Candidates have played an integral part in providing facility upgrades at our parks and open space properties. If you are an Eagle Scout Candidate looking for a project we have created a list of ideas for consideration but we are open to any ideas you may have. Please contact Rich Phifer for more information.
COMPREHENSIVE AND REGIONAL PLANNING
There are a variety of Township and regional plans that address parks, open space and trails:
- East Bradford Township Open Space, Recreation, and Environmental Resources Plan
- 2016 Comprehensive Plan
- Chester County Planning
- Brandywine Creek Greenway Concept and Action Plan
- Botanical Survey
The Township has also worked with Natural Lands Trust to prepare stewardship assessments for a number of its parks and properties:
- Brandywine Farm Stewardship Assessment (3.2 MiB)
- Copeland School Park Stewardship Assessment (3.8 MiB)
- Ingrams Mill Nature Area Stewardship Assessment (1.9 MiB)
- Jane I Reed Park Stewardship Assessment (1.0 MiB)
- Mt Bradford Preserve Stewardship Assessment (7.7 MiB)
- Paradise Valley Nature Area Stewardship Assessment (2.0 MiB)
- Shaw's Bridge Park Stewardship Assessment (2.6 MiB)
- Starr Farm Park Stewardship Assessment (17.0 MiB)
- Strode's Barn Stewardship Assessment (3.4 MiB)
- Sugar's Bridge Nature Area Stewardship Assessment (2.2 MiB)
BRANDYWINE VALLEY ARCHERY CLUB
Overpopulation of whitetail deer is creating an imbalance of the natural ecosystem in Southeastern Pennsylvania. The Brandywine Valley Archery Club (BVAC) exists to provide quality deer management services to property owners in Southeastern Pennsylvania through managed hunting on selected property. This will be accomplished by proper selection of qualified, safe, responsible archery hunters conducting managed archery hunts within the region on selected dates throughout the white tail deer hunting season. Current Club rules and regulations are available. Contact Rich Phifer for additional information.
If any person has a mobility question or concern pertaining to park access, please contact Rich Phifer.