Assistant Township Manager
PROGRAM PURPOSE & SCHEDULE
In 2004, the Township adopted an on-lot sewage system maintenance program. The purpose of the program is to ensure that all on-lot sewage systems are routinely pumped and properly maintained. The program requires every property owner with an individual on-lot sewage disposal system to pump their septic system every three years unless the operation and maintenance guidelines for a particular system require a different pumping frequency or a system is exempt from pumping (refer to Chapter 89, Article IV of the Township Code for more information).
Proof of pumping must be submitted to the Township by September 30 of the year pumping is due. To submit proof of pumping:
- Obtain a copy of the Sewage Pumping Submittal Form
- Retain a Chester County Licensed Liquid Waste Hauler to pump your system. Licensed haulers are listed on the Chester County Health Department Website.
- Have the hauler sign the submittal form or attach a copy of the pumping receipt to the form.
- Submit the form to the Township. The form can be mailed or faxed to Nancy Holland or emailed to email@example.com.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- Septic Systems Raising a Stink? Sewage Management Programs are Helping are Helping to Protect Townships - July 2015
- Onlot Sewage Systems: Homeowners Can Choose from Tried and True Technologies or Alternative Options for Waste Water - July 2015